Sunday, October 22, 2006

In Search of Contributors

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who has visited my site for, well, visiting my site. I never imagined I would get as many visitors as I have these past 5 months. I originally started this site to inform my friends when mac-related software updates were available and to share some cool findings with them. However, mactastic soon became listed as a top search result on google for various search terms. This plus some minor diggs on digg.com for news on my site helped spread the word. Some "collaboration" (by means of comment-posting) with Andrew Escobar regarding Front Row also brought in a lot of traffic. In any case, thanks again everybody!

Now, onto the main purpose of this post. I'm a 4th-year Computer Engineering major, and I'm becoming increasingly busy these days. I'm looking for a contributor or co-author for mactastic. If you feel that you can contribute quality posts on a weekly basis, please contact me. I'll continue to post on mactastic, but it would be nice if somebody would like to join. Obviously, I don't have the time to make a fancy Web 2.0-ish website (hence blogger). But if you'd like to udpate the site look, feel free to contact me about that as well.

Also, I'm looking for somebody who'd like to translate my site into Japanese. I can do this myself, but I really do not have the time to go through all my posts and translate them. This isn't a major necessity, but I would like to extend my reach into the Japanese Mac community. Perhaps mactastic:Japan? Looking forward to the emails! Thanks, guys!

No comments: